First of all, there are five different types of hernia:
- Inguinal hernia: this is the most common type of hernia, about 80% of patients have this kind, and it happens when the bladder or intestine come through the abdominal wall.
- Incisional hernia: when the intestines protrudes through the abdominal wall at the site of a previous surgery.
- Femoral hernia: most commonly found in women and obese individuals, the intestinal matter enters into the canal holding the femoral artery.
- Umbilical hernia: small intestines pass through the wall near the navel. This hernia is most commonly associated with newborns as well as women who have had multiple children.
- Hiatal hernia: upper stomach peeks through an opening in the diaphragm.
THE CAUSES OF HERNIA
The causes of hernias are wide and varied; however, smoking, prolonged overexertion, and poor healthy diet plan can all lead to one or more types of hernia. Symptoms of hernias include lumps in the belly or groin areas and may even disappear when you lie down. Pain and discomfort occur during coughing fits or overexertion. If you display any of these symptoms, it would be best to make an appointment with your Hernia surgery specialist in Coimbatore.
Fortunately, hernias can be curable laparoscopically with very little scarring. This kind of surgical repair is gaining favor among the medical community for its accuracy and minimally invasive technique. In a hernia repair, a small incision is made and a minute camera is inserted into the affected area. While allowing the surgeon to see, a mesh screen is placed over the hernia wound to buttress the abdominal wall and keep the intestine from leaking through.
Hernias present in all stages of life from birth through old age; in men, women, and the obese. Knowing what to look for will help you correct a serious and best medication for pain relief would help.
Also, check out the article on signs of heart failure